FAL PUBLICATION SCHEME
This Publication Scheme sets out the classes of information relating to FAL (and where applicable, its previous incarnation as Forensic Science Service Ltd. (FSS)) available to the public on a continuous basis. It also sets out other information about us that is readily available on our website or at the Companies House website. FAL will make available promptly on request information within the classes described below. In some cases, this will be subject to redaction where applicable exemptions under the FOI Act are properly justified. As FAL is a very small public authority we do not have the technical resources to support complex or regularly updated websites. We have a very small number of requests for information under the FOI Act. We will generally make information available by email or by post, but if the number of requests increases significantly, then we may start to publish some of the information from our Publication Scheme on our website.
To request information from our publication scheme, please email us at:
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
- What we do is set out on the ‘THE ARCHIVE’ page of our website
- Information Sheet 1: Evolution of FSS to FAL.
- Information Sheet 2: DNA profiling process employed when FSS was a provider of operational forensic science services.
- FAL responsibilities and the responsibilities and biographical details about senior executives making strategic and operational decisions can be found on our website
- Articles of Association and Board membership. This information can be accessed at the Companies House website at: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05607780/filing-history
- Our contact details are available on the Contact Us page of our website
WHAT OUR PRIORITIES ARE AND HOW WE ARE DOING; WHAT WE SPEND AND HOW WE SPEND IT
- As a small, Government owned company and unlike many other public bodies, we don’t produce lots of different sets of information, but the Directors’ reports within the annual accounts gives information about what and how FAL has done over the last year and plans for the coming year. The Annual Accounts also contain information such as financial statements; financial audit reports; any capital spend; and the names of our Board members and their remuneration. The accounts are filed at Companies House and are available at https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05607780
- Information about (i) Staff and board members’ allowances and expenses, (ii) Our pay and grading structure, and (iii) List of contracts awarded and their value (for those in excess of £25,000).
HOW WE MAKE DECISIONS
- Copies of FAL Board Meeting minutes excluding information that is properly regarded as private to the meeting.
OUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- FAL’s Equal Opportunities Policy, setting out its commitment to equality of opportunity
- FAL’s GDPR Policy
- FAL’s GDPR Policy for dealing with access requests from current and former members of staff
LIST AND REGISTERS
- List of main contractors / suppliers
- Disclosure logs of responses to requests for information under the FOI Act
- Any register of directors’ interests kept by the company
- Register of gifts and hospitality provided to board members and senior staff
- Overt CCTV
THE SERVICES OFFERED BY FAL
- FAL does not provide services directly to the public. What we do is set out on the ‘THE ARCHIVE’ page of our website